Cooktop Cove: Turn raw chicken drums into a juicy masterpiece
There's nothing quite like the tangy awesomeness of buffalo chicken wings. You can get the same mouthwatering flavor using chicken drumsticks in the slow cooker. When done right, these tasty drumsticks are juicy in the middle, crispy on the outside and fall right off the bone. The recipe below is certainly a keeper.
With this slow cooker recipe, you're never going to rely on takeout for your favorite game-day, barbecue or finger food again. This slow cooker drumstick recipe is everything you've ever wanted and more, and it takes almost no effort. If you prefer sandwiches instead of drumsticks, be sure to check out our buffalo chicken sandwich recipe
1½ tablespoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 cup hot sauce (we use Crystal hot sauce)
3 tablespoons honey
4 cloves garlic, minced
5 tablespoons butter, diced into small pieces
3 pounds chicken drumsticks
1½ teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1. In a small bowl, make a slurry by mixing together cornstarch and apple cider vinegar. Whisk until there are no lumps.
2. Pour the slurry into a 6-quart slow cooker. Add the hot sauce, honey, garlic and butter. Mix well.
3. Add the chicken, and then season with salt and pepper.
Mix everything together so that sauce coats each drumstick.
4. Cook on high for 3 hours.
5. Serve as is or with blue cheese or ranch dressing. It should look tender and juicy when done, like the picture below.
Pro tip: For a real restaurant-quality finish, place drumsticks on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Drizzle with sauce from the slow cooker and broil at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes, or until they become crisp.
Copyright 2016 Cooktop Cove